About Calculate Linux
Calculate Linux is an optimized distribution designed for fast installation in corporate environment. It is based on Gentoo, but also provides a number of preconfigured features.
For corporate use
- A ready client-server solution;
- Fastly deployable in a corporate environment, to be installed from DVD, USB or PXE;
- Perfect for mixed networks: Calculate Linux Deskop and MS Windows users can share any Calculate Directory Server resources.
- Can be easily customized, including the out-of-box software and settings;
- Local or distant system management with Calculate Utilities.
- 100% compatible with Gentoo;
- Rolling-release updates : only well tested packages are included;
- A repository of binaries for each flavour, compiled with the optimized dependencies;
- Can be installed either on a USB-Flash or a USB-HDD device with a ext4, ext3, ext2, reiserfs, btrfs, xfs, jfs or fat32 filesystem;
- Calculate Utilities for developing your own distribution or modifying an available version of CL.
Calculate Linux comes in desktop flavours for installing on personal computers and notebooks, a server version, some for building a customized CL and also some for LXC/LXD installation. CL are distributed as bootable LiveCD images that can be used to install on a HDD or a USB Flash device.